How to Change Instagram PasswordCristina William
Instagram is a social networking service that people use to share photos and videos. Since 2010, it has become one of the most popular social media tools in today’s media world.
There are billions of users worldwide who open Instagram accounts, whether for personal or business and marketing sharing. But in some cases, users face situations like password changes. There are many reasons to change your Instagram password. Here are the common reasons:
- Users can forget the password.
- Instagram may require changing the password.
- In case a user loses or changes the device, there is a possibility that someone else can access it.
- An account is in danger, such as a cyber security attack.
- When someone else tries to access it.
There are inseparable benefits of changing Instagram accounts
Changing your password regularly will protect account formation and data.
Secondly, a hacker may try to access your account continuously. So it is important to change passwords regularly.
Thirdly, you should not have the same password for all your accounts because it will put all your accounts in danger. Lastly, saved passwords on specific devices can give access to someone else.
How to Change Password on Instagram
If you are trying to log into your Instagram account online and forgot your password, from the login screen, you need to request to reset it or tap ‘forgot password.’ You can reset your password with your phone number, email address, or Facebook account and follow on-screen instructions. The link will depend on your choice of address. Then you can build your new password.
If you remember your current password and still want to change it, you can change it in the settings:
- Open Instagram on a website.
- Log in to your account.
- Click the account icon at the bottom of the window and select the gear icon.
- Click on Change Password in the account interface.
Enter the current and new passwords you want to build. Lastly, tap Change Password.
How to Change Instagram Password on Computer Desktop
Here are the steps to change the password if you forget your password:
- Open the Instagram website on your desktop.
- On the login screen, tap ‘Forgot Password?’
- Enter your username or email address and click Login Link.
- Reset your password according to the message instructions your receive.
You can also change your password on the computer using the Instagram phone interface. If you are wondering how to use Instagram mobile view on pc, you can have a look.
How to Change Instagram Password on iPhone
You can reset your password on your iPhone app when you forget and cannot log in. Download the Instagram app from AppStore and change your password. It takes a few minutes, but it may not be evident if you don’t know the steps. Here are the steps to reset your forgotten Instagram password:
- Open the login screen. You will see Forgot Password above login.
- Tap Phone or Username
- Type your phone number, username, or email address, and tap Next.
- Use the link sent to your phone or email to reset your password.
As we mentioned, you may need or want to change your Instagram password without forgetting it. Maybe there is another reason and purpose. You can change it anytime. Here is how to change it:
- Log in to your account.
- You can find your profile picture in the bottom right corner. There are settings.
- Then tap a three-line icon and choose Privacy and Security.
- Then, find Password at the bottom.
- Type your current and the new password, then tap Save to finish.
These steps are valid on the Android Instagram app as well.